Crying Sailor once again

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 19:29:24 CEST 2001

A. C. Sivebaek :

>>She changed the
>>Screaming Cowboy to Crying Sailor also..
>The song of the Crying Sailor is a classic in Denmark. a singer made
>it, a girl tried to claim she made it, and a mayopr newspaper made a
>cotnast in 1999 telling people to make some more verses for it.

Could you tell more about this? Who sung it?

>They
>sing it on the tune of Home on the range. (ranch?) - In Sweden the
>founders of Nafs(k) travelled to Calisota and found the lyrics for it.

And what is this? Are these lyrics available somewhere in the net?
Very same song is classic in Finland too, and same kind of attemps to add
lyrics to it have done here also. And I think some band even recorded the
song (don´t remeber the name of it just now).
There was long discussion of this subject some time ago here. About the
origin and the influence where Barks might have got the idea to make that
song as Screaming Cowboy.

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -