"Gli Oli di Carl Barks" painting books, are they still available?

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sat May 12 00:06:30 CEST 2001

Does someone know where the Italian Barks paintings book series
"Gli Oli di Carl Barks" might be available, as well as current
prices for it?

Below I've included all the information I have about these books.
If you have additional information, or corrections, please let me know.

- - - - - - -

Gli Oli di Carl Barks

Italy. Published by Associazione Nazionale Amici del Fumetto, 1990.
Hardcover.

These books were part of 6 Carl Barks Special books.

The 1st and 2nd books contain the story and biography of Barks; the
integral version of some censored stories; the complete commented index
chronology of his Disney stories; his comic covers; a part of his covers;
etc.

The 3rd book contains portrait oriented oils. 124 pages; 56 oils; width
22,4 cm x height 31,8 cm; full color. The 4th book contains landscape
oriented oils. 92 pages; 38 oils; width 31,8 cm x height 22,1 cm; full
color. Of these two books the first limited edition was published in 1990
(possibly 200 copies). They were sold out immediately, so a second limited
edition (200 copies) was published. In these editions, there are 94 of the
122 oils Barks made in the 1970s, because for the other the material was
not good for the printing. The 3th and 4th book are the only ones of the
series with a second edition. The only difference between the two editions
is the cover colour.

The 5th book was not published because the A.N.A.F. went out of business.
It would have contained the other 28 oils not published in the 3th and 4th
book.

The 6th book is a collection of the Barks' best Christmas stories.

Best wishes,

--- Daniel