Barks items, with larger scan of US 39 cover pencil (010512)

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sun May 13 01:00:22 CEST 2001

Links to rare/original/unpublished Barks items. I don't have any
connection with the sellers or the sites. If you've seen other
rare/original/unpublished items, I hope you'll post them to the list
as well. Descriptions are by the sellers, except where noted ("DvE").

Items at Ebay (http://www.ebay.com):

#1144505634
carl barks original art. uncle scrooge 39
"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1144505634"
Seller: uncle scrooge 39.... Original Carl Barks Art. premilary cover
sketch on paper ( a few light folds/creases ) page condition okay.
approx size 10"x 8". drawn by carl barks 1955. signed bottom, also
stamped walt disney production. used as cover for uncle scrooge
number 39. was office file copy.

[Contains a MUCH LARGER SCAN than the one I've mentioned here on
28 April 2001, plus a scan of the drawing's certificate.
This certificate mentions that the drawing came from the collection
of Lisa Hampton, "a long time friend of Carl and Gare Barks."
The certicate contains the name Mark Wilson and is dated April 5, 1999.
The drawing itself contains a penciled date, which is "Mar 25 1955 office".
I find this interesting because the art of the cover was submitted on
November 1, 1961, which is about *six* years later!
Does someone know more about this Lisa Hampton collection?
Does it contain more previously unknown material?
The seller is identified as "timetrapper". I haven't subscribed to Ebay,
so I can't see who it is. The certificate-scan refers to catalogues.
Does someone know these catalogues? DvE.]

- - - - - - -

#1142989602
CARL BARKS ORIGINAL DONALD DUCK ARTWORK
"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1142989602"
Seller: This wonderful piece is titled: "Airborne and Climbing"
On April 12, 1997, Walt Disney World celebrated Carl Barks' birthday
in a BIG WAY. Carl, along with 200 of his closest friends, celebrated his
96th birthday with a "Duck" party and great collectibles. Carl produced
75 original drawings for the shindig and all of these one-of-a-kind
original pieces sold out. [...]  Image is approx. 9 3/4" x 12 3/4" and
comes framed in gold leafed molding sized at 12 1/2" x 18 1/2" with UV
Plexiglas as seen here. The back of the picture is sealed with a
Carl Barks Studio label. The item has been signed in Carl's block style
lettering on the corner of the drawing. The electronic scan of this
piece does not do justice to the magnificence of Carl Barks' craft at
96 years of age! I am still in awe...
[Is this art included in the "Barks Treasury" book? DvE.]

- - - - - - -

#1144173771
Carl Barks Print: Home Are The Sailors
"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1144173771"
Seller: Back in 1996 Disney asked Carl barks to create a number of color
pencil sketches to add dimension to his oil paintings - 40 of these were
reproduced in a limited number of 1,000 and sold together as the Carl
Barks treasury!!! Now I am selling these prints individually (8" X 10")
matted and ready for framing!!! This one is entittled: Home Are The
sailors, Home From The Sea!!! [Picture is made with a digital camera. DvE.]

- - - - - - -

#1144174235
Carl Barks Print: Pursuit Of The Mummy's Ring
"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1144174235"
Seller: This one is entittled: Pursuit Of The Mummy's Ring!!!
[Picture is made with a digital camera. DvE.]

- - - - - - -

#1144174961
Carl Barks Print: No Peeking! Opening Date
"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1144174961"
Seller: This one is entittled: No Peeking! Opening Date April 12th, 1997!!!
[Picture is made with a digital camera. DvE.]

- - - - - - -

#1144175414
Carl Barks Print: Lost In The Andes
"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1144175414"
[Picture is made with a digital camera. DvE.]

- - - - - - -

#1144176049
Carl Barks Print: Fortune Blowing In The Wind
"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1144176049"
[Picture is made with a digital camera. DvE.]

- - - - - - -

#1143149508
Carl Barks Signed Donald & Daisy Drawing NR
"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1143149508"
Seller: Dancing Ducks, Walt Disney / Original Drawing / Donald, Daisy /
Drawn and Signed by Carl Barks- Click here for more info on this person. /
Character Size : 8 x 7
[Mentioned link is: "http://www.animationcelection.com/legends.htm".
Does a finished version of this preliminary exist? DvE.]

- - - - - - -

#1143412918
Carl Barks Original art 1970's
"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1143412918"
Seller: This is a very "Rare" original Drawing for the "Xerzes" painting
that Carl did in the 1970's. Jeff Cain says these were the years that
"Carl did his Best work" I am trying to buy the original Oil, but the
seller will not sell it at any price. This is your chance to get one
of the best sexest female girl ducks Carl ever did. This is the exact
same size as the painting he did from it. It is signed by Carl.
[Pencil drawing of the duck female in the lower right corner of non-Disney
painting "Xerxes and Harem" (80-01). Note the "supersize picture" link,
which gives a larger scan than clicking on the thumbnail. DvE.]

- - - - - - -

#1144404794
CARL BARKS Original Pencil Layout
"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1144404794"
Seller: Here is the original CARL BARKS pencil layout for JUNIOR
WOODCHUCKS #10 "Maple Sugar Time", p.11, from 1971. The ink work was
completed by staff artists of Western Publishing. Pencil on heavyweight
paper, 12" x 9". Has several small pinpricks in the upper right corner
and has once been folded horizontally and vertically. Otherwise in very
good condition. Image #1 (slightly trimmed due to the size of my scanner
glass) shows the original you are bidding on, image #2 shows the published
page inked by Tony Strobl (this page is not for sale). A very nice page
with an unusual layout, featuring Scrooge in all six panels! Full
satisfaction guaranteed! From the collection of noted comic book historian
and Carl Barks Library co-editor Thomas Andrae, comes together with a
certificate of authenticity written by him. Please feel free to eMail
with any question and have a look at my other auctions!
[Note the "supersize picture" link, which gives a much larger scan than
clicking on the thumbnail. DvE.]

Best wishes,

--- Daniel