Dutch stories

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon May 14 15:00:41 CEST 2001

Henri:

SM> ii) Stories coming from DANMARK are DULL, BORING and totally
SM> meaningless NONSENSE you don't need to account at all.

[...]

HF> Right. And maybe that's why they become so dull: there are
HF> so many of them. And they all look alike.

> Well, Harry, it looks like you're completely agreeing with
> Simo, after all!

Note that *my* comment was about *Vicar* stories (a subset of Danish
stories) only - you "forgot" to quote that part of my text.
Also note that Simo probably does *not* approve with the thing quoted (SM>)
above.

So Simo and I might agree on something, but we don't *completely* agree. Or
if we do, it can't be seen from the quotes above.

HF> (I'm generalising here, of course. Several Vicar stories are
HF> good or very good.)

> Please give at least one example (with Dutch issue number) of a "very
> good" Danish story.

Very good *Danish* stories are not that hard to find: look for some recent
DD EXTRA issues with Kari Korhonen stories in them.

A very good *Vicar* story is a bit harder, but the 3rd story in this month's
DD EXTRA comes very close. It's D 97619, about "Star Gekkies". I just read
it a few days ago, and I really enjoyed it.
(Hm - I just looked up the story in Inducks: this one is also written by
Kari Korhonen! Kari, if you're reading this: keep up the good work!)
BTW, that same DD EXTRA issue also shows a very bad (almost offensive)
Danish story: the second one (D 97027).

> the Germans have hardly
> produced *anything* in almost half a century, and the French have
> discontinued doing so, because of their conversion to Barks and Rosa.
> This is rather sad, as their own artists made very charming work.

Is this a fact? Did the French officially decide to cut on their
producktion?

--Harry.