Sailor in Swedish

Stefan Diös pyas at swipnet.se
Mon May 14 16:23:48 CEST 2001

About "Den suckande sjömannen" (Swedish version of Donald Duck's great hit
"The Screaming Cowboy"):

> >>They
> >>sing it on the tune of Home on the range. (ranch?) - In Sweden the
> >>founders of Nafs(k) travelled to Calisota and found the lyrics for
>it.

I was very much involved in this project... I seem to remember writing at
length about it on this list a couple of years ago. Maybe someone who knows
how to dig it out can find that message, in case anyone is interested. But
I will say right now that our version doesn't use any previously known
tune. It was composed... I mean, we found it exclusively for this song.

> >And what is this? Are these lyrics available somewhere in the net?

>I should be able to find them in one of the first swedish fanzines from
>the donaldist club upthere.

That would be "NAFS(k)uriren" #4, December 1978. I think that "Der
Hamburger Donaldist" also published the full Swedish lyrics around that
time, taken from that source. I don't think they asked our permission, but
I also don't think we minded very much.

NAFS(k) will celebrate its silver anniversary (25 years) in a few months'
time. Maybe we shouldn't speculate, but perhaps that would be a fitting
time to let the full song be heard again... let's hope there isn't any snow
in Stockholm in September...

Stefan Dios
Malmo, Sweden