Dutch stories

François Willot willot.francois at ec-lille.fr
Tue May 15 12:50:00 CEST 2001

> From: <DGE at ECN.egmont.com>
> PICSOU no longer prints (much) new French material, that's true, due
> to the "conversion to Barks and Rosa".

They never published much new French material. Only 2 or 3 gags at most,
beginning in the late 80s. They had never published any original new story
before Rosa, only gags.

Now they have switched to another format: publication of a long Rosa story
now an then.

There were three series of gags published in Picsou : Launchpad McQuack,
Fethry Duck and Uncle Scrooge gags (in chronological order).
I also saw some scripts of a Gladstone series which was not published - it's
too bad because the gags were EXCELLENT.

Before that, there was virtually no creation, except one Goofy Marin gag,
and a few Dufranne games comics.

***
Recently, with "Michel Souris", Hachette started to print new stories in
Mickey-Parade for the first time ever. (Before that, there were only a few
game page comics that appeared in Mickey Parade, which barely look like
comics).

But they also cut the production in "P'tit Loup" to only one page, replacing
it with good but non-Disney comics. In "Winnie" and "Bambi" the production
is still the same, and of course the "Journal de Mickey" which publishes
most of the new French stories.

They also have added a few new original comics in Super Picsou Géant for the
first time ever (if we except some early Marin gag pages published in the
late 70s).