Length of stories, a question to Italian members

Petri Kanninen pkannine at cc.hut.fi
Thu May 17 16:00:51 CEST 2001

Hi!

A while back we were discussing the current stories in the pocket books.
One thing that bothered me was the stories were getting shorter and
shorter. I totally forgot that I have made a chart of average lengths of
stories for out pocket book site. The chart is at address:
http://www.perunamaa.net/taskarit/pituudet.gif
It quite clearly shows that the average story has been shorter only when
the pocket books stopped containing framestorys which were replaced by
short gags. And the really bad thing is that the average is going down
all the time, slowly but surely.

And while I'm talking about framestories, I have had one question going
around in my head for a while. In the Finnish pocket book 78 there is a
frame story coded I CWD 19-A (from the Italian pocket "Paperoscope"). In
the last part of framestory a man in black suit comes to congratulate
Gladstone for making such a great film, and Gladstone answers in amazement
"What? Thanks from you!". I would like to know if this man in black is
supposed to depict some famous Italian film critic who thinks every movie
sucks. The whole framestory wasn't printed here in Finland so I don't know
if he was introduced in the previous parts and is just a regular
character. It's something in the way he's drawn that makes me suspect that
there's some hidden meaning in him. Anyway, I would really appreciate it
if an Italian member could shed some light on the matter.

--
Petri Kanninen (pkannine at cc.hut.fi)
"Elämä muodostaa komplekseja."