value of barks lithos

John Garvin jgarvin at scea.com
Tue May 15 23:48:51 CEST 2001

Daniel wrote:
>In private, someone asked me what the value is of the Uncle Scrooge
litho "Money Lender".

Is there someone who can help me with this question?

I believe that the Another Rainbow site contained page with market
values, but the last time I checked, I couldn't find it. Am I
misremembering; not searching good enough; or has that page been
taken off-line?<

I'm glad you mentioned this Daniel.  Has anyone else been tracking the sale price of Barks
lithos on Ebay like I have?  With the exception of the first two, they seem to ALL go for
substantially less than Another Rainbow would have you believe, and I mean substantially less.
If Another Rainbow says a litho is worth $2500, I bet you could not get $500 or $600 for it on
Ebay.   Obviously, Ebay is only once source of data, but I have bought and sold several of these
lithos through the years, and I always thought ARs "price guide" was hokey and manipulated, if
not down right unethical in that it was artifically inflated, mostly because sales were
transacted through the publisher, AR itself.  Don't be surprised if the bottom falls out on
these now that buyers and sellers have direct access to each other and don't have to go through
AR as the middleman.