Length of stories, a question to Italian members

Botto Armando Armando.Botto at elsag.it
Fri May 18 12:38:53 CEST 2001

Petri wrote:
> In the Finnish pocket book 78 there is a
> frame story coded I CWD 19-A (from the Italian pocket "Paperoscope"). In
> the last part of framestory a man in black suit comes to congratulate
> Gladstone for making such a great film, and Gladstone answers in amazement
> "What? Thanks from you!".

The Italian version goes (more or less): "Congratulations, Gladstone! You've
been lucky also this time!" "Yes, in spite of your presence here!"

> I would like to know if this man in black is
> supposed to depict some famous Italian film critic who thinks every movie
> sucks. The whole framestory wasn't printed here in Finland so I don't know
> if he was introduced in the previous parts and is just a regular
> character. It's something in the way he's drawn that makes me suspect that
> there's some hidden meaning in him. Anyway, I would really appreciate it
> if an Italian member could shed some light on the matter.

I guess he's supposed to be the archetype of the evil-eyed person, a bringer
of bad luck. He doesn't appear anywhere else in the frame-story, and I don't
remember seeing him in any other story.

Ciao,
Armando