Another Tree & Rockerduck's Nephews

Carey Furlong Stratocruiser at earthlink.net
Sat May 19 03:16:07 CEST 2001

 "Richard Bellacera" wrote:
 > I know that there is also a couple of Family trees that were part of some
Barks'
> stories, one, I believe was part of a story where Gyro & the Duck clan are
visiting
> Grandma's house and the Beagle Boys tried to rob the place.  I forget the
exact
> circumstances, but Gyro switched ON an invention of his and it caused
EVERYONE
> (the Ducks, Gyro, the Beagle Boys) and the entire house to be transported
into
> the prehistoric past.  As I recall they were looking at the Family Tree
because
> they found a mysterious branch from the Prehistoric days and they wanted
> find out who he was.  They ran into a prehistoric Duck whom they believed
was
> the mysterious relative, and then the whole house and everyone, INCLUDING
the
> prehistoric Duck were transported back to the present.  Does anyone
remember
> this story?  Can someone scan a picture of the Prehistoric relative and
the
> Family Tree for Gilles?

Ah, yes....  Dell Giant 38, "Uncle Donald and his Nephews Family Fun" 1960,
art by Tony Strobl.  And there was no time travel involved.  It was all
present day.  A Tornado transported Grandma's house somewhere to the jungles
of South America.  Gyro's invention was a reverse twister that transported
them, house and all, back.  (The Beagles were left behind with the
dinosaurs.)

The family tree shown on page 2 was very simple.

Carey Furlong, Huntington Beach, California 92647 USA