Disney comics in USA again?!

Rodney w bowcock jr. rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Mon May 21 15:27:15 CEST 2001

I must say, I agree in many ways with Joe's remarks in the last issue in
regards to new material in the US Disney comics.

I love Carl Barks stories, but it gets a little irritating when I've been
collecting for about 13 years and already have as many as 5 or 6
different English printings of the same story.  I was also a little put
off at the reprints of Rosa stories that had been printed only 3 or 4
years before.

However, Gottfredson material is a different can of worms for me.
Gladstone's run of Mickey Mouse is pretty tough to find these days,
especially early issues.  When I first started collecting, around 1988
these books weren't a priority for me because there was no Barks
material.  Since, as a 10 year old kid, I had no steady income, I opted
to buy the books with the most Rosa/Barks material.  Now I find it
*really* tough to find copies of these early issues, and since the color
in what I have is pretty muddy, I thought some "new improved" reprints
may be in order.  (While I'm dreaming, the Eega Beeva stories would be
splendid to see!)

But more than that I'm looking forward to the possibility of all that new
stuff from Rosa, the Van Horns, and Dave Gerstein.

Rodney