Hicksville

Shaun Craill scraill at methven.net
Wed May 23 07:34:12 CEST 2001

Hi everybody,

A while back somebody here mentioned a scene from a Barks story where Donald
and the boys were seen next to a sign which read "Hicksville XX miles".
This was possibly in relation to the Calisota map drawing project.

An acquaintance of mine would really like to see that panel, comics creator
Dylan Horrocks, Barks fan and coincidentally the creator of "Hicksville".
The café in Hicksville was called 'The Rarebit Fiend'.
http://hicksville.co.nz <http://hicksville.co.nz>

If anyone can provide a scan or provide a story and page reference it would
be really neat!

Off topic:  As a sometimes comic creator myself I found Dylan's book
'Hicksville' an absolutely awesome read.  By far the best comic book I have
ever read, but unless you have tried to create comics yourself you may not
find it so.

Regards
Shaun