Don Rosa Interview

F. A. Elliott eliot508 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 20:22:28 CEST 2001

Hello again,

Thanks for the lovely comments about the interview.
The music was dubbed in later. The comics were taped
at my house. Yes, I'm glad I taped the Bassest too. I
hope your friends enjoy the interview as much as I
enjoyed putting it together.

By the way, Timo Ronkainen has transcribed part 1 of
some of it into Finnish for his "Ankkalinnan Pamaus"
#7. He's doing a top notch job, going back and adding
addtional material in the form of Fanzine material,
art and strips from Captain Kentucky and Pertwillaby.
It's the way I'd wanna see it done. I'm very glad he
sent me two copies.

As for the Norwegian "Pertwillaby" book, I really
would like to own a copy, but, again, I really can't
afford to spend $298.00 for it. I cringed when I heard
someone on the, since having the book, threw out his
old photocopies. I would've gladly paid for them.

Speaking of the DCML, I recently read there where
someone made a comment about something they read in
"The Jack Kirby Collector," published by John Morrow.
Well anyway, I've had 2 articles published there
before. Recently I sent Mr. Morrow the written version
of the Don Rosa interview. He said that it had a good
chance of getting printed in "Comic Book Artist"
<www.twomorrows.com> or "Comicology"
<www.comicology.com> which are also published by him.
Now, anybody interested in seeing this needs to e-mail
support to John Morrow at <twomorrows at aol.com> and
Comicology at <editor at comicology.com>

Please post this to the DCML because I know it will
help. It would also mean Mr. Rosa would likely do the
cover for the magazine.

Finally, I'm trying to find a color english
translation of the new Life and Times story. I
couldn't find it on D.U.C.K. Hunt, and thought you are
someone said it was on someones website. If there is
no such thing yet, then I'm willing to buy the edition
that came out in comics form 'if' it was published in
one book and not broken up into 3 parts throughout 3
books.

P.S. - If Ted Johansson <don_ted at hotmail.com> of
Sweden is reading this, I haven't heard back from you.
Did you get your package? And did you like it?

My new e-mail is <eliot508 at yahoo.com>

Thanks again for all your comments,

Elliott

5-22-01

--- Anders Christian Sivebaek <acsive at mail.mira.dk>
wrote:
> Hi Elliott
> I've just been rewatching the lovely interview you
> conducted with Don
> Rosa on august 3rd. 2000. I did that because I'm
> going to our Neighbour
> country on wednesday, and meet with some friends on
> friday there, who
> are also Rosa-fans. we plan to watch the interview
> together.
> I must tell you it was fun to follow the
> transscription with the video,
> cause some places the text was a completely
> different place, but it was
> there. Except for some things that weren't
> transsribed, eg. your
> telling of you favorite stories, which was very
> interesting.
> I was very touched when you said, after presenting
> your favorites, in
> Don's studios, that you thought you had too, because
> he's your favorite
> artist and writer :-) I feel so too.
>
> Did you, or did you not want to get those norwegian
> english-languaged
> books with LP and CK? I think you would still be
> able to buy them
> yourself, online, via www.tronsmo.no
> I bought them, and they're great.
>
> I loved the end of the interview where you show
> Don's duck figurines,
> while running the theme song of Indiana Jones. I
> guess that was one of
> Don's cd's or whatever. He really have many of those
> figurines, of
> which I only saw one or two before.
> It was nice to see you show your favorites in the
> comics (where those
> in Don's basement?), and it was fun to get a gkimpse
> of the Basset's in
> the end.
>
> That's all I have to say right now - I'm happy to be
> in contact with
> you and Mr Rosa you are very nice people.
>
> Yours
> A. C. Sivebaek
> acsive at mail.mira.dk

=====
The 'one' who has a finger on 'it'... scratches against the mahogany lining of a coffin crying, "I am Jonah! I am Jonah! Spit me back out so I may see and feel the light of day again." And, the levithan does not heed for it knows every great epic must come to an 'end.'
A tasty morsel known as... "understanding."  (F.A. Elliott)