The Ducks' Family Tree

Gilles MAURICE goofy313g at infonie.fr
Thu May 24 16:25:24 CEST 2001

Hiiiiii!
Thank you, Rob, for the scans (don't worry, other DCMailians... I'll show
that as soon as possible in my site!!!)
I think the tree by Strobl is not a real family tree. It just shows the
members of the family who are ALIVE , and each branch symbolises a different
familyname: the branch with Scrooge is the McDucks, the one with Donald and
HDL is the Ducks (Humperdink's side), the one with 2-gun is the Ducks
(Humperdink's first brother's side), the one with Daisy is the Ducks
(Humperdinks' third brother's side), the one with Gyro is the Gearlooses (I
won't say
that it is the same than Donald's one)... so Blackduck must be a Gander.
The branch with a "?" means, to me, the following thing: one of Humperdink's
brother made a travel and never came back, so they dunno if he is alive, and
if he had children. He has been lost in a lost valley, with his wife, his
son and his son's girlfriend, and his son had the cave Duck... then, they
all died, probably eaten by a dinosaur, except the egg...
About Gyro, I have ever thought to put him in the Duck Family (he looks a
lot like Gretchen Grebe, doesn't he?), but I was hesitating, because I don't
want to invent too much facts ( as when I put Pluckahontas, who is (c)me ,
in my tree...), so I haven't done so.
Now, the picture will take more place (when will it stop???)
I will soon add those characters: Gyro Gearloose, (Li'l Helper?), Newton,
Fulton, and Ratchet Gearloose Gyro's Mother (in a game in a Picsou
Magasine)...
I will also add Ciril McDuck, another Scrooge's brother, seen i the Italian
family tree
I think that Grandpa from "No Hunting" is Cornelius Coot
I have a question: is Titus McDuck, also from my Italian tree, said to be
Scrooge's grandpa in the Tony Strobl's story, or could he be his grandpa?
In this case, I could make him Dingus' father, and make Potcrack being his
brother...