Scrooge's memorie and Flintheart's name

Dim I Nticoudis dimadick at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 17:17:34 CET 2001

  Thanks for the correction Harry.But Flintheart is seen in Glasgow in
Plunkett's Emporium(D 91210) which is not a Ducktales story.As for why
Scrooge knows Flintheart's name in this storie but doesn't recognize him in
"The Second Richest Duck" it could be attributed to Scrooge's bad
memorie.And Scrooge sure has one.In "Back to the Klondike"(W OS 456-02)he
has not forgotten about Glittering Goldie O'Gilt but about Donald Duck as
well!His own heir at the time!In "Hound of the Whiskervilles"(W US 29-04)he
has forgotten anout the McDucks and how theyt were among Scotland's greatest
families!In "The Money Chump"(W US 27-01) he has already forgotten about
Flintheart but he had met him just a while ago.If he can not remember such
important things then he could have forgotten about a rival he,once or
twice,met decades ago.
  As for your comment on the "Spanish Low Lands" I haven't forgotten about
their situation at the time.As I like reading about historie,mainly European
historie,I couldn't ignore a historical figure such as Willem I of Oranje so
I ended up reading about how the northern Low Lands earned their
independance.But as you noticed Felippe II mainly used men from Spain for
his army so a member or lower Spanish nobilitie,as the De La Scalognas
were,could have enlisted in the army of the time and could set his home in
any territory ruled by the Spanish at the time.
  As for Flintheart Glomgold's name it is quite interesting
indeed.Flintheart is equivalent to the words hardhearted,pitiless,heartless
and cruel.Excactly what this guy is.Glomgold.The second part gold refers to
his god probably.The god Money that is.I couldn't found any meaning on glom
but it can be related to the world gloom which is equivalent for the words
darkness,melancholy and depression which provides you with another way to
look at him.