Sorceress and witches...

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 18:04:21 CEST 2001

In France, Sorceress and witch is translated the same word : "Sorcière"

For instance, we could say that Hazel is a witch (but a gentle witch), but
not the same kind of the one from  Barks' "The Golden Christmas Tree" from OS
203 ( A witch who looks a lot like the one from Snow white--personnaly, I
hate to see Madam Mim or the Witch from Snow white in comicbooks...), or
another one (I dunno what story she is frpm, but she is seen in a oilpainting
with Smorgie too, and she is human, tall, blach haired and wearing a red
dress). They are evil and deal with dark powers, but Hazel is nicer.
I don't know, for Magica, as , even in Don Rosa's stories, she has bones and
human skulls in her house... In Ducktales, she made her own brother become a
raven, and in videogames, she lives in a manor and flyes... Maybe she is just
a sorceress in Barks/Rosa universe, who buys unexpensive magic stuffs in
stores, but she is definitely a witch in the whole Disney universe...

So don't mistake sorceress, evil witches, and gentle witches ;-)

GILLES