Another Stateside DisComic !

joe gouldIII joegouldiii at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 20:03:48 CEST 2001

  While not the Ducks ( or , even , Scamp ) another
Dark Horse Disney comic adapting a current movie
release has been announced - I saw a Dark Horse ad in
" Comic Buyer's Guide "
plugging a soon-to-come " MONSTERS , INC. " comic -
presumably a one , or two , -shot - the forthcoming
Pixar-Disney release . At least they , presumably ,
think that comics are enough of a promotional
device/have enough sales potential to bother with one
!
  Say , if that devoutly hoped for Geppi/Disney deal
ever happens , do you think that they might have Dark
Horse handle the newsstand distribution , as was the
case with the 90s Gladstone/Marvel setup ??????? Only
trouble is , Dark Horse is , itself , pretty marginal
, at best , as far as newsstand distribution goes ,
especially for " traditional " newsstand distribution
, I think . ( I live in a downtown/central city - San
Francisco - without a car , and don't , regularly ,
see any full-fleged comics-carrying newsstands - as
opposed to comics shops - at all !!!!!!! )