New York Disaster

Apostolis Trikourakis komixgreekpage at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 01:26:37 CEST 2001

Hi all

The whole planet is still shocked by the terrible
terrorist attack, 3 days ago. The number of the
victims that have been losted so unfair is huge and
expected to be more than 30.000 people.

During these 3 terrible days, the TV channels
worldwide spend many-many hours covering the event and
bringing to us (Europeans) the latest news from New
York's disaster.

The Greek TV channels interrupt their normal program 2
minutes after the first plane's crash. From that
moment and until today all the Greek channels are
tranfering all the latest news and also trying to
estimate how many deads are in the World Trade Center
and how many Greeks died there. 7 Greeks are dead
until now but the number is tragical bigger, up to 100
deads.

I hope there are no deads from your countries. There
must be no victims from Scandinavia or Italy or the
Netherlands, but Britain, Germany and Greece have lost
a lot of people there.
So, all of you American members of DCML you can count
on us. Europe supports you, so Greece too. We've sent
two earthquake-trained teams from Athens (25 men) and
Thessaloniki (another 25) to help you locating people
inside the wreckage. The other countries will sent
help in the next few hours. Some of us have
experienced earthquakes and we know how terrible is to
watching your city falling apart. And together with
the live TV videos from the WTC collapsing, I can say
that I know how difficult is to understand this chaos
and madness and fear.

This terrorist act was awful. But life goes on. You
must keep living. You'll rebuild the towers but also
you'll pray and remember the victims. WE will never
forget them...
Best Wishes and God bless all of us

=====
Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens, Greece