New Picsou

Francois Willot cacou661 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 13:46:51 CEST 2002

Anders:
> Francois - the newest issue with the Crown, which
> number does it have?

It's in issue #363.

Gilles:
>In France, in the Barks story, he was called Dutoc
>(Toc means for instance something which looks like
>Gold but isn't real Gold in fact, but plastic or
>painted metal) in the"Fabulous Philosopher's stone",
>and  Barbedrue in Don Rosa's story (Barbe : >Beard,
"Drue" : Scrubby")

I think he has a different name in the complete Carl
Barks (with the best translation).

>What is the original name for the tall beared
>character. In France, he is "MOnsieur Mollay". Where
>does his name come from?

I guess this is the descendant of Jacques de Mollay
the templiers who was sentenced to death in Paris,
after he said the king of France and the Pope will
perish.

Was there any crown intended as a gift to the Khan
from Europe? I've never heard of that.

>In your last name, you spoke about an unpublished
>last page in Lo$ 3. What are you talking about? There
>is the same page number than the story that was >in
"La Jeunesse de Picsou", which was a reunion of >all
of the Lo$ episodes!!!

In the first edition of Picsou, the last page was left
out because of lack of space. But in the album
anthology, you're right, that page was restored (I
forgot that).