DCML digest #890

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Wed Apr 10 14:29:42 CEST 2002

From: "Fluks, H.W." <H.W.Fluks at kpn.com>
>>>I think they are interesting enough for us DCMLers. Or were you
embarrassed
that Gilles pointed to a possible inking mistake?

Gilles asks me these questions in a public forum, therefore I must answer
them in that public forum otherwise I would seem rude. But answering them
also tends to make it seem like I automatically think everyone else should
be interested in all this "Rosa trivia" he asks me about, which I doubt. So
the only choice that I have is to answer them in public, but suggest that he
might consider asking me such questions in the private messages I also
regularly receive from him. However, if he chooses to continue to ask me
about such matters on the DCML, this is where I will gladly answer.
I am *never* embarrassed by mistakes I make because I make plenty, more
often than not I point them out myself, and I *like* readers to point them
out to enable me to correct mistakes in the reprints. I make a sport of my
errors. When I used to write information columns in fanzines 25 years ago, I
had an opening feature, complete with logo, called "DRASTIC FUBARS",
spotlighting all the errors I made in the previous column. That doesn't seem
like a way to try to hide my errors, eh?