DCML digest #889 (Hortense and Matilda)

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at let.rug.nl
Thu Apr 11 18:14:51 CEST 2002

From: goofy313g at aol.com
From: donrosa at iglou.com
> I don't know where they got that info. I'll do such a story someday,
> but I dunno when.
I do know where they might have picked up that info: the DCML
Archives, August 2001, digest #646, message by Don Rosa:
>> And I wanted to ask the same about Scrooge's sisters. Have you
>> a real and precise idea of what happened with them?
> Yes, I do. And the "Crown of the Crusader Kings" story is the
> prequel to the story which I will do in a year or so which will reveal
> that.
Surprisingly (or rather not :), it was again Gilles who put the question.
After reading the Crusader Kings-story, I think I can figure out to which
part of the story this 'sisters-sequel' will be linked.
Question to Don Rosa:
Will this sequel involve (or have to involve) Matilda's supposed husband
Ludwig von Drake? I know that you have already used him in at least
two of your stories, in a cameo, as living in Duckburg. I suppose this
doesn't have to mean at all that Matilda lives in Duckburg too, or maybe
not even that Ludwig lives there, in your opinion.
I think I can remember Don Rosa answering a question on this list,
saying that Scrooge's sisters were still alive, but I couldn't retrace that
message in the Archives.
Michiel Prior