DCML messages archivied?

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 12 20:59:54 CEST 2002

>> I have started saving messages that give substantial
>> new information on specific Disney comics, including
>> but not limited to Barks' and Rosa's.

Excellent idea. I've always thought Don Rosa's posts in particular ought to be collected.
Technological progress is quite a two-edged thing for scholars. On the one hand, it makes all sorts
of information more readily available. But on the other hand, lots of things disappear, major stages
in an author's creation. Letters have virtually disappeared and many writers nowadays use a word
processor to type and edit their texts; consequently, the way their work evolves from an idea to the
finished work, the decisions and changes he made may be lost forever.
In the present case, we are lucky enough to have Barks' letters to his friends & fans. And here we
have Mr Don Rosa's answers and comments on his stories and others.

>> So I wanted to ask you, does everyone here agrees that I use their texts?

Okay. Though I'm not sure my posts are interesting enough.

Olivier