The Pied Piper of Duckburgh

Heike und Sven taeger-troschke at 01019freenet.de
Tue Apr 16 12:17:41 CEST 2002

  Hi,

the latest issue of the German Donald Duck-Sonderheft contains the story
"The Pied Piper of Duckburgh" (H 89174). From Gladstone's Carl Barks
Library I have the information that Carl Barks scripted and penciled the
first three pages in the 1950s and then put the unfinished story aside.
In the late 1980s, Don Rosa inked the Barks pages and completed the
eight-page story.

I would like to know about the story behind this story: How did this
project come into being? Was there a personal contact between Carl Barks
and Don Rosa? Was the project the idea of an editor? Why didn't Carl
Barks finish the story in the 1950s? How did the story surface again
after more than 40 years?

By the way, is this the only time Carl and Don worked on the same story?

All the best
Sven