Family trees, Dingus McDuck, Titus McDuck, Abner "Whitewater" Duck [to Don Rosa]

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Thu Aug 15 12:24:32 CEST 2002

This question is directed to Don Rosa but I ask him here because I thought it
could interrest people here...
It is about Scrooge's paternal grandfather...
The character only appears in your Duck Family Tree...
In the original American version, this character is called "Dirty" Dingus
McDuck. Dingus McDuck was a SCOTTISH MINER.
Doing some researches with my friends from dcml, my comics collection and
inducks, I found that in the story "The Search for Cyril", from "Donald Duck"
# 70, from 1960 Bob Gregory and Tony Strobl already gave a grandpa to
Scrooge. His name was Titus McDuck (TitUS sounds a little bit like DingUS),
and he is a SCOTTISH MINER too!...
I thought that maybe you had been inspired from the character to create your
Dingus...

But the story doesn't stop there!!! Titus McDuck was translated Titus Von
Anka into Swedish. And guess what was Dingus' translation? Titus Von Ankka
too ! ! ! So I decided to consider them as the same character in my Duck
Family Tree...
So my questions are :
1)Have you ever been inspired by Titus to create Dingus?
2)Did you know about the swedish translation of Dingus?

I was also wondering if you had already seen this tree :
http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/trees/gisletree.html
It's a tree from 1973... (more on the page)

and I was wondering if, before to build your own tree, you had seen that one:
http///goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/trees/germantree.html

In both trees, "whitewater" Duck is Fethry's brother, and they have been
published before yours... Did you get the idea about making whitewater
Fethry's brother from one of these trees, or did you have the idea yourself?

Best regards,
Gilles MAURICE
http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/