The Afrikaans

Simon de Beer sdebeer at talk21.com
Tue Aug 27 18:08:43 CEST 2002

>I think calling the Afrikaans people a *race* is only encouraging people to
>make assumptions about political and social views...

Apologies that this is way off topic, but Harry what do you mean?  I immigrated to Europe from Southern Africa & am stunned over the amount of anti-afrikaans prejudice there is in Europe. Just the kind of thing I thought I'd left behind.  (and yes, I know the Afrikaans  dominated the apartheid regime but that is not grounds to be anti- all Afrikaaners ).