Don Rosa Calendar / in the news / new story

Lunnan & Hjort brit.lunnan at chello.no
Tue Dec 3 19:24:23 CET 2002

1. I haven't seen the "Don Rosa Calendar" yet. Where
can it be bought? In bookstores, or kiosks, or both? I
understand it is being sold in four countries. Would these
be the Nordic ones, except Finland? And what about
Germany?

2. Over the last week or so various brief news items have
appeared in Norway, I think in Adresseavisen, VG and
Aftenposten, related to Don Rosa's current difficulties with
the European publishing houses. The tone (of what I've seen)
has been low-key and neutral, without sensationalism
over-tones. It is stated matter-of-factly that he doesn't get
royalties on his very well-selling hardcover books, etc., and
that he feels entitled to something better than this. Names are
not named, it only says "European publishing houses". But it
does say that Don Rosa will not publish more -- until these
matters are sorted out, we are led to understand.

3. At the same time we are blessed with a new Don Rosa
story, appearing as a special bonus issue accompanying DD & Co
#49 (issue of December 2nd). It's a tribute to Scrooge, on
what might be defined as his 55th anniversary. This is Don's
most Jungian story so far, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Nils Lid Hjort