Real quality

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at let.rug.nl
Wed Dec 4 12:15:51 CET 2002

Sigvald:

> *non-Disney-poo* (like Calvin & Hobbes, Ernie, Pondus, Beetle Bailey,
> etc.) in stead of real quality like Donald Duck comics.

I wonder if you've ever read Calvin & Hobbes? Now, *that*'s a comic I
would definitely describe as 'real quality'. And as for Donald Duck: you
know as well as I do that there are many Duck stories of 'very poor quality'
out there. (Without suggesting, of course, that your beloved Don Rosa
calendar might be of 'inferior quality'. I haven't seen it.)

Is it possible to define 'quality', or is it just personal?
(I think it must be possible to define it, but I wouldn't know how.)

Michiel Prior.

"The trash is out there."