DCML is misused by spam-"terrorists"?

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sat Dec 7 02:20:57 CET 2002

Hi all!

Sorry for this OT-mail, but lately I have been bombarded
with American spam in both my mail-adresses. Since there
is a possibillity that these spam-"terrorists" have found
my and other mail-addresses via DCML I see it as my duty
to warn you about it so that DCML's security, if possible,
can be improved. I'll also try to send some of the spams
over to our Danish friend Søren Krarup Olesen so that he
can findt their IP/IPs in order to have them reported to
their mail-hosts.

Please notice that this posting is *not* meant as an
offence against anybody here, and please remember that
spam-"terrorism" is not stopped by any use of, or any
threath of using killfilters aganist anyone in this
group.

Sigvald :-)