Singapore/10 years

bi442@lafn.org bi442 at lafn.org
Fri Feb 1 04:24:55 CET 2002

Oops!!! Sorry for not noticing sooner.  David was perfectly accurate in
realising that the books that Jeff Peckham found HAD TO BE INDIAN, as they were
published in Mumbai, AND the price was listed in Rupees.  The monetary unit in
Singapore is DOLLARS! Thus, they could not have been published by Egmont India
FOR Singapore.  So, - I no longer need to contact Bob Hughes. Sorry Don, and
everyone else, for my server being down so often.

Hurra for DCML for our 10 years anniversary.  I echo Fernando's sentiments.  I
have made many new friends in several countries, as remote from my homes as
Brasil and Indonesia, through our group.  And most ironic, many from Holland
and Danmark. For example, I had lived in Den Haag, Holland for 9 years without
meeting Harry F., who lived in a nearby town, and worked in Den Haag.  We only
met on the internet, after I noticed, and answered his Disney Comics quiz.  His
website had a link to DCML, which first introduced it to me.  The same for
Danmark.  I worked in Kopenhagen for 1/2 year, during 6 years; meeting Freddy
Milton and fellow artist colleagues (Ingo Milton, Frank Madsen, Sussi Bech,
Gorm Transgaard, Michael Jensen, etc. at Gimle Studios), and few Egmont people,
but not knowing DCML fellow fans, Ole Reichstein Nielsen, A.C. Sivebaek
(Danmark) and Joakim Gunnarsson and Stefan Dios (across the water in Malmo,
Sweden).  Through DCML, I met them, first on the internet, then in person; and
now consider them good friends. I even got to meet Per Starback!  It has been
great for me to meet so many great people who share such a big interest with me.

So, - HOORAY FOR DCML (AND LONG MAY IT LIVE!!!)!

Rob
Klein