Lindgren in "Donald Duck"

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 6 14:09:06 CET 2002

HARRY FLUKS REMARKED:

> > Which Lindgren stories appeared in DD?
>
> Pippi Langkous. I don't know which books exactly, but Pippi has been in
the
> weekly for years (in the 1970s).

AND I RESPOND:

Ms. Lindgren's famous character was known as Pippi Longstocking in the U.S.
(I'm guessing that "Longstocking" is a literal translation of "Langkous",
eh?)  She wasn't just read by little girls over here in my boyhood days,
either.  I read all the PIPPI books myself at least once, and lots of my
male friends did the same.  Of course, that was back when Americans actually
read comics and books.

Dan