DCML digest, Vol 1 #824 - 7 msgs

Don Markstein lists at toonopedia.com
Wed Feb 6 15:47:05 CET 2002

Gary --
Thanks for the straight info on that rumor I heard about Disney negotiating
with other publishers. Naturally, I'm glad to know there's still
a chance Diamond will get the license.

As a minorly sarcastic note, I hope all the people who couldn't wait
for Gladstone to get out of the Disney comics business are happy
with the current situation. Or have they lost interest by now, and
gone off to complain about something else they don't know a thing
about?

Harry --
"Mr. Know-It-All" was a minor segment on the old "Rocky & Bullwinkle"
TV show. Most U.S. cartoon fans recognize the reference, but I can
see where someone who isn't familiar with that show might take it
in a negative way.

Concerning religious populations: I have an impression Islam is a
religion in the sense that Christianity is a religion -- i.e., it's
not so much a unified belief system, as a collection of sects that
fall into a general category. To compare the size of Catholicism,
a sect of Christianity, with Islam as a whole, would be kind of
like asking which is larger, Gotham City or Calisota. Is there any
single sect of Islam that's larger than the Catholic Church?

Quack, Don

http://www.toonopedia.com/today.htm
Today in Toons: Every day's an anniversary