Rosa's Lo$ in French PICSOU (again)

Archontis Pantsios apantsio at ac.anatolia.edu.gr
Thu Feb 7 13:29:39 CET 2002

Fellow Quackeroos:

I received the other day my subscription copy of PICSOU #361 that re-prints
Ch. 1 (and "0") of Rosa's Lo$--PICSOU had announced in last month's issue
that it was going to start re-printing Don's opus.

If I'm not mistaken this marks the first time that Don's Lo$ is re-printed
in the same comic-book. PICSOU had printed it for the first time ~8 years
ago. The French publishers have surely thought that 8 years is long enough
so that a new "generation" of readers should be exposed to Don's excellent
stories.

I was caught off-guard, however; it seems like yesterday since I first read
the Lo$ and seeing it again so "soon" is not something I expected from
PICSOU. Actually, PICSOU is now supposed to offer a new "look", but to me
it's full of old recipes.

In the very near past it was very exciting getting PICSOU: you could expect
a brand-new Dona Rosa pin-up drawing in every issue and even a brand-new
Rosa story once in awhile. Nowadays, PICSOU seems to be running out of
stories to print and is looking for some kind of a direction. Re-printing
Don's Lo$ is not necessarily the best (and most original) way to do it...

Cheers,

Archontis

Archontis L. Pantsios, Ph.D.
Assistant Academic Dean & Professor of Economics
The American College of Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki--GREECE
Phone #: +30-310-398228