Sequelizing

Sue and Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Thu Feb 14 18:47:20 CET 2002

Timo wrote:

> It's pretty distasteful to do these sequels.. 285 people have signed
> petition so far. I'm thinking to add mine too.

Interesting. Should we make a petition too, to stop Don Rosa making sequels
to Barks stories? Or is that different? If so, what's the difference?

--Harry.
        (only asking questions to have an interesting discussion)

I imagine most of us on this mailing list are pretty sure that Don Rosa does
sequels to Barks stories because he truly loves to work within the Barks
milieu. He certainly knows he's not going to get rich from his efforts!

Disney, however, always intends to make a lot of money from any sequel it
attempts, regardless of whatever artistic vision anyone within Disney may
hope to express through it.

In short, Don does it mainly for love, Disney does it mainly for money. Fair
difference there, I'd think.

Gary