sequels

jgarvin jgarvin at bendcable.com
Sat Feb 16 16:11:58 CET 2002

There is nothing inherently wrong with a sequel.  Even Shakespeare
catered to the desires of his audience and wrote new material for his
most loved character (how many plays did Falstaff appear in?)  What I
find objectionable is a low quality, poorly animated, not-very-creative,
straight-to-video sequel.  I do not, for instance, object in any way to
Return to Neverland, a sequel to Peter Pan that just opened in theaters
yesterday.  I have not seen it yet, but have seen the trailers to it and
it seems to be of the highest quality (i.e. designed for theatrical
release and not video.)  I tend to limit my petition signing to matters
of more earth-shaking importance.