Norwegian Language

Halsten Aastebol Halsten.Aastebol at elkraft.ntnu.no
Tue Feb 26 16:12:35 CET 2002

I have to publicly apologize for my previous mail where I commented on Rob
Klein's message about country speech and so on.

I did not at all intend to criticize Rob Klein, and I was definitely not
offended by his message. Nor do I think anybody else was. Unfortunately I
seem to have given that impression.

My intention was to be a little self-ironic on behalf of us Norwegians
because we are so over sensitive with respect to dialects and the two
official languages. This situation leads to some rather ridiculous
consequences. Though, like I said, it has become much better over the years.

Kind regards
Halsten