Scrooge's Counterfeit Money

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Jan 7 14:29:28 CET 2002

GREG:

> Well, every time cash goes through the federal reserve stations (all
> banks send their money there)

Yes, but Scrooge doesn't send his money to the bank; all the money he
collects is placed in his money bin and never leaves it. Of course,
one would assume that money entering the money bin goes through a
similar process as money entering a federal reserve station. (Don,
did you include such a facility in your money bin blueprints?)

I understand that a considerable fraction of the U.S. dollars in
circulation is actually outside the US, and these bills do not go through
the screening procedure that you described. Perhaps this means that the
majority of counterfeit notes in circulation is outsiode the U.S.

> When I visited there back in high
> school, the box they had with counterfeit bills was tiny--any most of
> them were either blatant photocopies or people doing stupid things such
> as cutting the corners off a 10 dollar bill and pasting them over the 1's
> on a one dollar bill.

 From what I hear, counterfeiters use somewhat more sophisticated
techniques.  I remember reading about certain counterfeit notes (though,
probably, not dollars) that the difference between a counterfeit an an
original note was that the latter was not as good!!!

> I can't believe with Scrooge's nature he wouldn't check his money ^_^

To bring things back on topic, this sounds like the basis for an Uncle
Scrooge story.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----