Artists & writers

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Sat Jan 12 21:17:32 CET 2002

From: "François Willot" <willot.francois at ec-lille.fr>

> Guido Scala         205

This one surprised me a bit, since I don't remember GSc being such a
prolific writer! So I tried a
SELECT title FROM story WHERE art = writ AND art= "GSc"
and found out the reason: all the 2-page "quiz sayings" and "weekly
advertisements"!

So I played a bit with SQL and tried the next:

SELECT art,
       sum(pages) as total
FROM story
WHERE art = writ and pagel <> "c" and pagel <> "i"
GROUP BY art
ORDER BY total DESC

that means: count the comic pages (no covers nor illustrations) written and
drawn by the same artist, sum them up, and show them ordered)

I found this: (I wonder if they're right)

Carl Barks 5817
Romano Scarpa 5266
Giulio Chierchini 2064
Don Rosa 1300