$crooge and Euro$

Santiago Garcia Banhos sgarcia at external.uf-isf.es
Tue Jan 15 10:30:08 CET 2002

John Crocker:

>Now, I realize that this concept has probably been skewed by the
>presence of recent inventions and such in Duck stories, but I personally
>like the idea that not only in reading Duck stories do we get a look
>into the characters, but that the setting would keep its root in the
>period of the 1900's that the Ducks enjoyed their adventures.
>Feel free to share any and all thoughts on this.

Very interesting. I do agree completely with the facts you (and others) have
pointed out about $crooge living in America, not in Europe (even if
considered he IS an European -because he was born in Scotland- but yet
Scotland is not into the Euro-bounds market), so that the content of his bin
is mainly of dollars. And obviously he won't change out to euros his rare
coins collections of lire, marks, pesetas, escudos, dracmas, etc.

But yet I find a reason why Euro should take part in Duck's world, and that
is that there could be a lot of stuff for new stories: For example, the BB
could take the chance to make a swindle to European banks (which might be
owned by $crooge) changing a huge amount of little cash quantities and
winning money in the change operation. Now it comes to my mind that great
Scarpa's story "Lentils of Babylon", in which the BB take advantage of some
seemd fact to make a business.

Greetings,

Santiago.