Disney Licensee

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Thu Jan 17 21:51:18 CET 2002

From: "Fernando Ventura" <fernandopventura at uol.com.br>

> he wants his original pages back to him? And what's the result? OFF COURSE
> Disney didn't returned it...

Yes, "of course" they didn't.
*BUT*, this happened in 1988, now, that same trial would have very likely
ended completely differently.
Still, *that* trial, not another, because since then contracts were changed
to what they are now (leaving nothing to the author).
Or so I seem to remember to have read on the book "Casa Disney", a little
booklet about Disney rights in comics. (Maybe I remember wrong)

> and why Scarpa continues to do work for
> Disney? 'Cause he loves his work and the characters he's working with,
> beside the fact that they are "Disney" characters!!!

Well, actually he'd sued Mondadori, not Disney itself, and 1988 was the year
in which Mondadori stopped publishing Disney comics :-)

--
Sprea