Scrooge and Smurfs: Don and other comics

Jussi Mantere jmantere at niksula.hut.fi
Mon Jan 28 14:38:08 CET 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Jeannot Lapin wrote:

> Page 20 : Blackheart beagle says to $crooge: "A last glass of sarsaparilla
> from Coot's soda fountain! You know from old times!"
> As we know $crooge prefer nutmeg tea but smurfs ("Schtroumpf" comics by the
> belgian Peyo) eat sarsaparilla. That's a reference to smurf.

That might also be a reference to Lucky Luke, which you already mentioned.
At least in some Finnish translations of LL, sarsaparilla is served in
saloons instead of whiskey in those albums where alcohol is not "allowed".
(If I remember correctly, this was during a certain period of time when
there was no alcohol and also no smoking in the LL comics - and was
something else changed as well?)

 -jussi
--
. jussi mantere