Binding of magazines

Hunstad Knut Knut.Hunstad at sintef.no
Wed Jan 30 12:35:56 CET 2002

Hi again!

I have long thought about binding my collection of norwegian "Donald Duck &
Co." in hardcover, 1/3 or 1/2 year per volume. Some probably think of this
as vandalism, but I think this would keep them looking better for a longer
time and not least: reduce the risk of single issues disappearing. It would
also look nicer in the bookshelf and take less space.

Problem is: I have asked around here in Norway, and the cost is simply too
high. It is in the range of $100 per volume! So I wonder if any of you out
there has done this and what price you had to pay. I am seriously
considering trying to find a good place in Russia to do this, because I
suspect the price will be so much lower that I can get a holiday for the
same price as doing it all here. Or what about Italy, has anyone there
checked this out? (I am going there a few times within the next year)

P.S.: For those who might wonder: yes, I posted a few mails here some years
ago. The last years I haven't really had time to anything else than browse
through the digests, but it is always fun to catch up on dcml!

Knut Hunstad
Trondheim, Norway