Don Rosa to Norway in September

Lunnan & Hjort brit.lunnan at chello.no
Mon Jul 1 12:53:56 CEST 2002

As I don't have time to fully scrutinise all DCML digests I don't know
whether this has been mentioned already, but I did search for "Raptus"
through DCML June without finding it. Therefore:

Don Rosa is among his year's "invited artists" for the annual "Raptus
Festival" in Bergen. This comics festival derives its inspiring and
inspired name from "Raptus von Rupp", who is Ludwig von Drake.
It takes place in Grieghallen, the Grieg hall, which derives its equally
inspired and inspiring name from the composer who lived from 1843
to 1907, which is easy to remember since Johannes Brahms lived
from 1833 to 1897. The dates (for the festival, not Brahms' life, which
as we know started on May 7) are Friday to Sunday September 13-15.

It's not fully clear to me, or to Don, what is actually required of him
as an "invited artist" at this festival, but we'll learn in time. He will
spend a day or so in Oslo before going on to Bergen. There are plans
for combining his Raptus Festival presence with a book signing event,
featuring his two hardcover books "The Don Rosa Archives I & II",
respectively the "Captain Kentucky" and "The Pertwillaby Papers", which
were published by Gazette Bok of Oslo last year.

You may have a look at www.raptus.no , which I suppose will contain
more precise information in due time.

Nils Lid Hjort