Helper's Affection for light bulbs

lgiver@postoffice.pacbell.net lgiver at postoffice.pacbell.net
Sun Jul 7 19:15:14 CEST 2002

Last week I re-read Rosa's 4-page story "Fir-Tree Fracas (AR109)".
This story is relevant to the recent discussion here about Helper's
head---light bulb or vacuum radio tube.  In this little story Gyro
brings some
Christmas lights he made specially for Donald in page 2, panels 4-7.
Helper is carrying the bulb at the end of the string.  The bulb looks
just like his own, including the pointy tip.  In panel 7 Helper has taken
it off the string; he wants to keep this one.
       I think Rosa is true to Barks here---I recall a couple times in
Barks' stories that Helper was attracted to certain other light
bulbs.     -------Larry