News from Holland

H.W.Fluks@kpn.com H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Jul 12 13:20:39 CEST 2002

Yesterday I visited the Dutch editors for doing some indexing for INDUCKS.
News:

The weeklies from 1953 will be reprinted in 2 deluxe albums (EUR 34,50
each). Release planned for week 34.
(I've been told that new releases are announced on the website
www.xs4all.nl/~rslegt, under "Verwacht/Nieuw")

Donald Duck POCKET 89, "De Zebra-mossel", is planned for week 38. It
contains a full-colour reprint of pocket book 1 (series 1).

In 2 months or so, the new OOM DAGOBERT album will be released. Number 68.
Contents still all-Rosa: D 96089 (Pizen Bluff), D 91076 (Super Snooper), AR
143 (Nostrildamus).

DONALD DUCK EXTRA #10 will contain a Jippes story: D 2001-040. Number 11
will contain an Italian Scarpa story. They plan to have more variety like
that, instead of Egmont-only. This makes DD EXTRA more interesting to me!
(This month's issue contains an old Bradbury story that was never printed in
Holland before - taken from MAESTRI DISNEY or ZIO PAPERONE.)

Jippes' redrawing of Barks' "High-wire heroes" (H 98254) will finally be
printed, in weekly 34.
(Any "Danish" stories by Jippes will be reprinted in Holland after they have
been published in Denmark or Germany.)

Somewhere in fall 2002, album BIG FUN #4 will be released. Not a copy of a
Danish BIG FUN this time, but an all-reprint issue with stories from
DUBBELALBUM and DUCKTALES.

BESTE VERHALEN #112 contains the Italian version of "Back to the Klondike",
including the colouring! Except for the 1/2 page of new artwork, for which
they used the Jippes inked version. BESTE VERHALEB #113 will again contain
an Italian version, this time of "The Philosopher's Stone". Thanks to ZIO
PAPERONE we get to see these stories in excellent condition!

--Harry.