MIKY MAOUS et al

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu Jul 18 10:51:34 CEST 2002

ARCHONTIS:

> b) Donald Duck in "Famous Failure", D-99232, 12 pages. Script: Dave Rawson;
> Art: Vicar

This is only conjecture, but I suspect that the Greek version of this
story contains a reference to me: In one page in this story, Donald goes
to work for the campaign office of a politician, whose name in Greek is
given as "Kriton Delapatrides".

Armandos Delapatrides was a crackpot who used to make fiery political
speeches in Athens in the 1920s and 1930s, until he was put away in an
asylum; politicians saw him as a threat, because he drew people away from
actual political gatherings!

With an uncommon name like mine, I leave it as an exercise to the
reader to guess how many Kritons the translator might be aware of... ;-)

In any case, I like the name combination!

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
-----