Duckburg landmarks

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 18 14:49:51 CEST 2002

CHARLES WROTE:

> With regards to the Mad Duke's Castle -  it's  entirely
> possible that it's a relatively new building. There is a castle here in
> Toronto that was built in the early 1900s, and was abandoned not too long
> after it was built when the owner went broke. It sat empty for
> decades, and
> was falling apart before it was turned into a tourist attraction.
> The same
> kind of thing might be said for the Mad Duke's place: it was just left to
> fall apart, and the Duckburg rain and winters probably didn't help any!
> Anyway, just my 2 cents.

AND I REPLY:

I've seen that place!  It's CASA LOMA, and it is a fabulous tour.  The story
of the owner and his poor wife being told while viewing the amazing home is
heartbreaking.  The castle was the site of a display of the armour,
weaponry, and other props used in THE LORD OF THE RINGS movie, as I recall.
And of course, there is the prerequisite legend of the house now being
"haunted" by its former owners, so it is a fitting analogy for the Mad
Duke's castle.

Dan