Rosa books/albums

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald4 at yahoo.no
Tue Jul 30 18:10:20 CEST 2002

Per Martinson <per.martinson at home.se> wrote:

> I have to say I disagree. I think Egmont have
> released too much hardcover books already, and
> it's time to release some cheaper albums.

Don Rosa albums is also a great idea!

> I also think, I know this might be provocative,
> that Don Rosa isn't such a good comic writer.
> He is a good donaldist, but he doesn't write
> anything really new and innovative, he only uses
> things that Barks created.

But at least he doesn't comes up will ridiculous stuff
like in Marco Rota's story about Donald's life when
Donald comes out of an egg laid by an ordinary
wild-duck in a nest which is blown down from a tree
during a storm.

> Why is everything Barks made seen as law?

It think because he invented the Duck-universe as we
know it.

> There is many other writers today that
> makes this much better than Don Rosa.

Really? Why are they less popular then?

> Why is people today only talking about him?

I think because he has revitalized the Duck-universe
and at least my interest for it.

> If everyone would write comics based on Barks'
> facts we wouldn't have anything new to read and
> discuss. That's why I think Don Rosa shuold just
> stay as a donaldist, and not write comics...

I think that last sentence is the worst bullshit I've
ever seen on DCML so far. Anyone doing great comics
should off course be encouraged to continue doing so!

> I even want to point out that Egmont alreadey has
> released "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" in
> hardcover, isn't it time for someone else now?!!

There has been published more Rosa-stuff in other
countries (like Finland, Germany, Netherlands, etc.)
than in Scandinavia. So why shouldn't Norwegian,
Swedish and Danish fans have the same right to se the
stories of their great idol in proper publications?

I would like to see good Rosa books/albums in stead of
all the re-prints of lousy stories from the 80's.

Sigvald :-)