Rosa books/albums

Per Martinson per.martinson at home.se
Tue Jul 30 20:37:37 CEST 2002

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> It think because he invented the Duck-universe as we
> know it.

And I respond:

He did, but that don't mean that you can't change things. The most important
thing is the story, and I think it's better to change the surroundings to
fit the story, than change the story to fit the surroundings.

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> Really? Why are they less popular then?

And I respond:

Because it seem to be less popular to create new things, than repeating old
stuff.

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> I think because he has revitalized the Duck-universe
> and at least my interest for it.

And I respond:

It's good if you think so, but for me he haven't done a thing. I think
creators like Van Horn have made much more than Don Rosa.

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> I think that last sentence is the worst bullshit I've
> ever seen on DCML so far. Anyone doing great comics
> should off course be encouraged to continue doing so!

And I respond:

Maybe I was a bit too hard, but the point is, I dont think Don Rosa makes
great comics, and I think that his work is most appreciated in donaldist
circles.

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> There has been published more Rosa-stuff in other
> countries (like Finland, Germany, Netherlands, etc.)
> than in Scandinavia. So why shouldn't Norwegian,
> Swedish and Danish fans have the same right to se the
> stories of their great idol in proper publications?

> I would like to see good Rosa books/albums in stead of
> all the re-prints of lousy stories from the 80's.

And I respond:

There has been published more Van Horn-stuff in other
countries than in Scandinavia. So why shouldn't Norwegian,
Swedish and Danish fans have the same right to see the
stories of their great idol in proper publications?

The re-prints of "lousy stories from the 80's" do not compete with books or
albums as they don't occure in books or albums, but I would also like to
exchange the re-prints to new stories, not by Rosa, but other writers and
artists, as Van Horn, Heymans etc.

Per Martinson