Don Rosa book

Brigitta McDuck BrigittaMcDuck at go.com
Tue Jul 30 20:09:14 CEST 2002

If you handle any book or comic in the proper way, you can manage to read everything. I believe that new readers could be discouraged by big hardcover volumes, for comics are often considered a "quick" reading, but I am not intimidated by a good quality book.

>>I also think, I know this might be provocative, that Don Rosa isn't such a good comic writer. He is a good donaldist, but he doesn't write anything really new and innovative, he only uses things that Barks created.

I do not agree, I am afraid. It is not easy to develop new and original stories with so "traditional" and "closed" environment. Personally, I have loved and I have several edition of "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck", and I think that it has helped many readers in re - discovering Disney comics.

>> There is many other writers today that makes this much better than Don Rosa. Why is people today only talking about him?

I am Italian, so I have access to a huge amount of Disney comics, good and bad, old and new, "classic" and innovative. But Don Rosa is on this list, and he cares answering our questions and debating his work. Not so many authors are like this.

>> I think other  writers should get more space.
this is true, but it depends from the editors, not the writers.

Gabriella Rizzo
Disney fan from Italy