DCML digest, Vol 1 #948 - 14 msgs

Theresa Wiegert f95thwi at dd.chalmers.se
Mon Jun 3 11:26:35 CEST 2002

Olaf:
> Can anyone tell me what Kalle Anka-partiet is? Is it a real politic
> party? Does it have anything to do with Donald Duck - except for the
> name?

Hi ho! (I only get the digests, so probably someone has already
answered... Or not. But neve rmind, I'm almost on summer holiday now, so I
can spend more time in front of computer now, doing lazy things - sooo
nice... :) (btw, Sören, isn't "semester" the word for "termin", somewhat
misguidingly..? :)

The university I attend, has several different education directions (I dor
instance study physics engineering), and every section has its own
saint. Physics has the Phantom, and the electrical section has
Donald! (That almost got me to choose electronics engineering instead of
physics...). So they have pictures of Donald everywhere, a pub is called
Kajsabaren (daisy-pub) and so on. Stickers, clothes, lots of things, has
the logotype with an angry donald (see www.etek.chalmers.se)

As a result of this, (I think) the Kalle Anka partiet was risen. It's not
an actual political party, just for the school elections. There are plenty
of people voting on it every year in the real election, since it's a bit
more funny than voting blank, and the votes aren't counted anyway, more
than as unguilty votes. Kalle Anka partiet has been voted on in the "real"
election since the 70's, I think. So it's quite established.

Kvack!
--
/Theresa